- Britt Inc, DBA Nor’Bank Sailing, has a strong commitment to providing excellent service to all of our customers and visitors of this website, including respecting your concerns about privacy. We understand you may have questions about how this website collects and uses the information that you provide to us. We have prepared this statement to inform you of the privacy principles that govern this website. This statement contains numerous general and technical details about the steps we take to respect your privacy concerns. If after reviewing this Statement, you have any questions or privacy concerns please send an email email@example.com.
This website does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse this website and request pages from our servers unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide it to us. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the website unless you access the Web site from a link in an email that we sent.
In this case we will know who you are based on the information you previously supplied to us. When you request a page from our website, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the HTTP request header information in order to make our website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on this website. We also use this information to, better understand how visitors use our website and how we can better tune it, its contents, and functionality to meet your needs.
“We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
The personally identifiable information you provide to us for requesting a contact or downloading information will only be used unless you tell us otherwise for marketing of Topaz and Nor’Banks Sailing.
Securing, transmitting and storing information
We treat the information you provide to us as confidential information; it is, accordingly, subject to our company’s security procedures and policies regarding protection and use of confidential information. Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Disclosure of information to third parties
In addition to our download services and required information sharing described directly above, Nor’Banks Sailing may use the services of third parties, such as market researchers, fulfillment houses, email service providers and mail houses that process mail. These parties are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose Nor’banks Sailing specifies.
Our Website uses “cookie” technology. “Cookies” are encrypted strings of text that a website stores on a user’s computer. Cookies enable us to customize our website offerings to your needs and provide you with a better online experience. In addition, Cookies are used to:
- Allow registered users to sign in without typing their sign-in name each time
- Measure usage of various pages on our website to help us make our information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access
- Provide functionality such as downloads and access to our email marketing facility
- The types of Cookies that we use are referred to as “session” Cookies and “persistent” Cookies. Session Cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted once you close your internet browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your computer hard drive until you delete them or are otherwise removed upon expiration.
You may set your browser to block Cookies (consult the instructions for your particular browser on how to do this), although doing so will adversely affect your ability to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, and access certain content on our Web site.
Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
Changes to your privacy rights
In the future, we may need to change this privacy statement. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. This statement was last updated on March 13, 2015.