VERSATILITY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.
PERFORMANCE, CONTROL AND COMFORTABLE CAPACITY
The ARGO is a really versatile sailboat that although designed specifically for club training is a fantastic family recreational sailboat. The ARGO can be sailed single handed, raced by two and also has comfortable capacity for up to four adult crew. The performance, power and responsive handling will impress experienced sailors; the stability will grow the confidence of less experienced sailors; while the load capacity and versatility will attract sailing schools and families.
As soon as you step aboard you will notice how stable the ARGO sailing platform is. The ARGO has a dynamic, yet forgiving ultra-stable hull shape and an easily controllable rig that is ideal for less experienced sailors but also has years of progression built in. All-in-all the ARGO is fast and exciting but also easily controllable and well mannered.
The ARGO has a contoured side deck to provide a really comfortable sit-in feel. A high freeboard, deep spacious cockpit and high boom, plus unrivaled stability and a smooth ride mean that the ARGO has a wonderfully reassuring, safe and secure feel.
There is comfortable capacity for up to four crew for instruction or to load up with friends and equipment for a group day out. The single line mainsail reefing system and roller reefing jib mean that the ARGO can easily be depowered dependent on crew and conditions.
Topper’s unrivaled TRILAM construction means the boat will stand up to all the stresses of training and racing and is virtually maintenance free.
The ARGO has safety features such as a mast head float, righting lines and grab rails all fitted as standard. An epoxy centerboard and rudder and the highest specification equipment also all come as standard.
Upgraded Sport Version includes trapeze system and spinnaker.
It has comfortable capacity for up to four adult crew. This could be an instructor and up to three pupils or a family of four. The ARGO is also great sailed two-up or even single handed. The really spacious cockpit and high boom and the all important extra WIDE BEAM mean the power is easy to handle and guarantee a comfortable and stable sail:
- Spacious and well equipped cockpit.
- High boom for comfort and safety.
- Gnav system as standard means the size of the cockpit is even further optimized.
- CHINE TECHNOLOGY means the ARGO stays afloat when competitors capsize.
- Extra WIDE BEAMY HULL to handle power and guarantee comfort.
- Additional built in buoyancy and high freeboard ensure perfect sailing without the boat taking on water or nose diving.
- Much admired single-line spinnaker system enables effortless launches and recoveries.
- ASYMMETRIC SPINNAKER OR SYMMETRIC SPINNAKER OPTION available.
- Fantastic control systems keep things simple and are easy to use.
- Roller Reefing Jib.
- Hiking boat with Trapeze option ideal for developing trapeze technique.
- Epoxy foam filled rudder and centerboard for low-weight and maximum stiffness.
- Grab rails and ‘Step On’ righting lines as standard.
- Extension righting rope to give greater leverage to smaller sailors.
- Stayed mast can be left up in dinghy park for quick rig/ de-rig.
- Hinged mast step for easy rigging by just one person.
- Optional custom designed combi-trailer for an easy-life ashore.
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivaled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability.
- Three year hull warranty.